I went to the movies a couple of weekends ago with my aunt. I love previews. I know they take up a good 30 minutes, but it's still fun. One really caught my eye; DisneyNature's Oceans looks amazing.

This is a follow up to DisneyNature's Earth, which came out on Earth Day 2009.

After the preview was over, a message flashed on the screen that said that if moviegoers see Oceans within its first week, Disney will give a portion of the ticket sales to The Nature Conservancy. For the full news release, see here.
I, of course, had to do some digging. Turns out, they did this last year too, with Earth. For every ticket sold, Disney promised to plant a tree. Now, I can't find any definite figures regarding the trees, but I did run across an article that said that because of the advanced ticket sales, Disney planed 500,000 trees. That's before anyone set foot in a theater!
I think this is a great cross-promotion. I loved Earth, and might go see Oceans. It certainly looks beautiful. Thoughts on the marketing campaign?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!