We went to Destin the first part of the Summer. I made my entire family (and I do mean 10 of us) stop in Spanish Fort, Alabama so we could go to the Barnes and Noble around the corner so I could get some good beach reads. I guess I should mention that my parents are both readers. Technically, Daddy listens to books on tape, but you get the picture. My extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) like to read, but not nearly as much as my parents and I do. Not nearly. So when I walked out of the Barnes and Noble with four, yes four, new books, the aunts and the cousins all thought I was crazy. They have learned, however, never to say anything about how fast I read, because I generally prove them wrong. I ended up reading all of my books, and one of Mama's books that she bought at the BN as well. Just how it goes.
One of the books that I finished was Priceless, which is the true story of the guy that started the FBI Major Art Crime Unit. It was so interesting, and I loved learning not only more about the art and artists, but about how such things as art recovery work. Yes, I am a dork.
I'm now starting on Eat, Pray, Love. I really want to see the movie, and figured that I should read the book first. Normally, I like books better than their movie counterparts (with a few exceptions ... Julie and Julia, anyone?), so we'll see how it goes. And I just got five books to take on the latest family vacay. We're going to be driving to Hickory, North Carolina, to visit the brother, and I figure a good 10 hours in the car merits a good book. Or two. Or five. In my defense, they are teen books. And I'm not (totally) ashamed of that. We saw the movie adaptation of the books last night, and I really found them interesting. They take stories and history that I somewhat know and incorporate them into their framework. Should be fun.
Also coming up is the new Daniel Silva book, The Rembrandt Affair, which I'm excited about. I like Silva's books, and have read them all. As you might have guessed, this one also includes art and art history, so it should be a great read.
Any books that you've read over the Summer? I always love suggestions.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!