I love PR and Event Management. I think it's great, fantastic and wonderful. I'm a nerd who realizes that PR seeps into my everyday life, even when the subject at hand doesn't really have to do with PR. I think other people love PR and Event Management as much as I do. All that being said, I'm not sure that PR and Event Management are the best fields for everyone.
The article said that you should look to going into PR if
You love socializing, this might be the job for you. Public relations and marketing specialists are all about connecting with people and creating buzz and awareness for products and services.This seems to be the biggest misconception about PR. One thing that was noticeably absent was the question, "Do you like to write?" I think anyone getting into Public Relations should love to write. And I do mean love. You'll be doing quite a bit of it.
In respects to Event Management, the article asks
Are you known for throwing an amazing bash? Use your planning skills to help others pull off inspired, one-of-a-kind parties and events. Then they go on to say that the fun factor of the job is working you into events.
Fun Factor: When working with clients, you get to choose the entertainment, arrange the program, and oversee every detail to ensure an event runs smoothly. It's a great career to put your personal touch on large celebrations and corporate gatherings alike.
Yes, you get to put a little bit of you into everything, but the client dictates most of what goes into an event. There are guidelines. Sometimes they can be light, but a lot of the time, clients have a strong vision as to what they want.
Some of the other jobs include:
Graphic Designer
Forensic Accountant
Chef
Massage Therapist
Interior Designer
Video Game Designer
What are your thoughts?
Personally, I think some of the "disappearance" of these jobs has been a delayed effect of the recession. I think the argument can be made that all of the jobs you listed are things that people and/or companies are going to cut back on when finances are tight.
ReplyDeleteChef position... Yeah it is fun but you are in the service business and your clients do dictate what you serve at times
ReplyDelete