I'm kinda a speed reader. I don't know how I got this ability, but I can fly through books like nobody's business. When I went to the beach, I ended up taking 12 books to make sure that I would have enough material. Ridiculous, right?
This is some of my "to be read" pile. These are just the ones that will fit on my bedside table. The others are currently sitting on a table in my entryway. Don't ask.
I've found a great website that allows you to have digital bookshelves and write reviews. I'm just doing the books that I've read so far this year, and not going back and reviewing any of my favorites -- To Kill a Mockingbird, P&P, S&S, etc.
It also allows you to rate the books. You give them stars, on a scale of 1 to 5. I've given out very few 5's, even though I've read some great books this year. Here are some that I think you'd enjoy {well, depending on who you are...}
The Hunger Games Trilogy. Might be the next "big" thing. Dystopian society at its "best."
{via}
According to Jane, for all you Austenites out there.
{via}
Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter, for all you Southern guys and gals. It's also for all you transplanted elsewhere Southerners, and those who are truly Southern at heart.
{via}
Pemberley Ranch, also for you Austenites. Retelling of P&P.
{via}
This is some of my "to be read" pile. These are just the ones that will fit on my bedside table. The others are currently sitting on a table in my entryway. Don't ask.
I've found a great website that allows you to have digital bookshelves and write reviews. I'm just doing the books that I've read so far this year, and not going back and reviewing any of my favorites -- To Kill a Mockingbird, P&P, S&S, etc.It also allows you to rate the books. You give them stars, on a scale of 1 to 5. I've given out very few 5's, even though I've read some great books this year. Here are some that I think you'd enjoy {well, depending on who you are...}
The Hunger Games Trilogy. Might be the next "big" thing. Dystopian society at its "best."{via}
According to Jane, for all you Austenites out there.{via}
Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter, for all you Southern guys and gals. It's also for all you transplanted elsewhere Southerners, and those who are truly Southern at heart.{via}
Pemberley Ranch, also for you Austenites. Retelling of P&P. {via}
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!