Tuesday, October 11, 2011

top ten tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we share our top ten list of the theme that Tuesday.  





Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
One of my absolute favorite books ever. It's so special, and I wish I could savor it for the first time.

2. The Harry Potter Series
I didn't actually get into Harry Potter until the 3rd book was about to come out. The two books that we owned were for my brother. My Mama bought them in hopes that my brother would become a voracious reader. Instead, I picked them up and read through the first two quickly. Went to my local indie to get the third book, and realized then what a big deal they were. I have since gotten Daddy and one of my aunts to listen to them, as they are such great stories.

3. The Hunger Games Series
I have a problem of reading too fast when I'm really excited about a book, or an ending to a series. Mockingjay is my least favorite of the trilogy, as Deathly Hallows is my least favorite of the HP series. I don't know if it's because they are the last books of their series, or if I read them too quickly to appreciate them. I would love to go back and savor the works so I could truly tell. 
4. Pride and Prejudice 
I read this when I was in high school. While I understood it, and liked it, I didn't fully comprehend it, if that makes sense. I feel like Jane Austen's works are so nuanced that you have to take your time to get their witty jokes and banter. 

5. Emma, Sense and Sensibility and Jane Eyre.
See above. 

6. Divergent
This is one of my favorite reads of 2011 so far. It is fabulous, and I would love to be able to dive right back into the pages.

7. The Help
Read this two summers ago, and fell in love. To be able to glide back into 1960s Mississippi without truly knowing what to expect.... fabulous.

8. The Secret Life of Bees
Mama suggested I read this, and I put it off and put it off. I'm not really sure why I did. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was such a pleasure to read. It was warm and comforting, even while pushing the boundaries a bit. 

9. The Gabriel Allon series
I really hate waiting for the next book in a series to come out. Sometimes, I wish that I would have waited until several books came out before I started the first one, thus allowing me multiple books to go through quickly. Such is the case with this group of books from Daniel Silva. Because there is a year's time between each one, I tend to forget what happened from Book #11 and Book #12. I would be great to be able to sit down and read them all again for the first time with all the ones I have now.

10. The Percy Jackson Series
I found this series just after the last one came out. I loved being able to read them straight through (see above.) Now, with the Heroes of Olympus series starting up, I wish that I could sit down and read them all in one fell swoop. 

What do you wish you could read again?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still putting off my first reading of The Help, but I am going to read it next month. Hopefully it's a good first reading experience for me as well.


    Come visit my list at The Scarlet Letter.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!