I didn't feel like they were worthy of individual posts, but it's always good to pass your opinion along about the books, right? So, from my Goodreads, here are a few mini reviews.

Matched by Ally Condie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Interesting concept. I read the Giver way back in middle school, and recently read The Hunger Games trilogy. Like other reviews stated, they are similar. That being said, I thought Matched was a unique story. It wasn't as intense or fast-paced as THG, but it certainly kept me coming back for more.I'll be interested to see how the story continues to play out in the next book.
All in all, an enjoyable read from an author who is new to me.
Crossed by Ally CondieMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
You know, I liked Matched okay. I thought it was just so-so, and honestly a little slow. While Crossed was slow as well, it did move the story along much more than I was expecting. I don't know if I had lower expectations for it because I was ho-hum about Matched, but I think I will definitely continue on with the series when book 3 comes out.
A Vintage Affair: A Novel by Isabel WolffMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I've been wanting to read this book for a while. I loved the cover, and especially loved the premise of a vintage clothing store. Let me say, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
At first, I felt the writing was a bit disjointed, jumping from time and place to different characters. In the end, though, the story wrapped up nicely, and I felt content.
I did have a few issues with the book, although issues is a strong word. Like another reviewer said, I wish that there had been pictures of the items described. I would have loved to see the cupcake prom dresses in all their glory. As another reviewer pointed out, I don't think that 48 is old. The writer acted as if this was ancient, and I don't feel as if it is. Thirdly, Roxy, Miles' daughter, was a brat. Plain and simple.
All in all, a great book. I smiled, I laughed, and I certainly cried. I loved getting to hear the different stories of people, and loved having vintage clothing items bring them together. It's like two stories were told at once – the character's stories through their words, and the clothes stories through their usage and wear. Highly recommend this book to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!