There are a few books that I have just been itching to get my hands on. Shatter Me is one of those books. I had heard nothing but good things, and was positively antsy for my copy to come in the mail.
It finally did, and it did not disappoint. I've been on a dystopian kick this year, and have read quite a few. Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me has some similarities to some of my favorites, but ultimately, is unlike any of the ones I've read thus far.
Shatter Me is the story of Juliette, who has a unique curse
gift. She's unable to touch anyone. No one is able to touch her,
either. Imagine going through life without hugs and kisses from your
parents, your siblings hitting you playfully, your best friend's
shoulder to cry on. Imagine being trapped in the prison that is your own
body. I know I certainly can't.
The Reestablishment wants to use her power for their own good. Juliette must decide her right from wrong.
Juliette is the heroine of Shatter. She's a strong, yet broken female lead, and reminded me in some senses of Katniss from THG and Tris from Divergent . That description doesn't truly do her justice.
Adam is the love interest in the book. Swoon. He's just one of those characters that make your heart melt while still being a strong, manly, great guy.
It finally did, and it did not disappoint. I've been on a dystopian kick this year, and have read quite a few. Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me has some similarities to some of my favorites, but ultimately, is unlike any of the ones I've read thus far.
Shatter Me is the story of Juliette, who has a unique
The Reestablishment wants to use her power for their own good. Juliette must decide her right from wrong.
Juliette is the heroine of Shatter. She's a strong, yet broken female lead, and reminded me in some senses of Katniss from THG and Tris from Divergent . That description doesn't truly do her justice.
Adam is the love interest in the book. Swoon. He's just one of those characters that make your heart melt while still being a strong, manly, great guy.
I'm not really sure who or what The Reestablishment is, and am looking forward to figuring it out in the upcoming books. I know they're bad, but what's their true purpose? Who is the mysterious father of Warner?
Tahereh's writing style is what truly makes the book. It's hard to explain it exactly – it's very liquid and flowing. You would think this wouldn't be the case because there are
I've been waiting on this book for what seems like forever, and I can truly say it was well worth the wait. It was fantastic, and one of my favorite reads of this year. Definitely check it out.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!