Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we share our top ten list of the theme that Tuesday.
Top 10 Books I Hope Santa Brings:
1. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I just read (and reviewed) Anna and the French Kiss, and it was amazing. I can't wait to read the follow-up, companion novel. So cute.
2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I've heard nothing but good things about this book. I've been patiently waiting (or stalking, whatever you want to call it) the "Popular Library" at my local library waiting on it to come up, but I've yet to see it there. I'm too slow, I guess.
3. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
Maybe it's because I wish I spoke a foreign language. I mean, I took French for six years and can barely order anything off a menu. Sad.
4. The Mythos Academy Books by Jennifer Estep
Something just so interesting about boarding schools mixed with mythology, right?
5. Die for Me by Amy Plum
6. The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook by Ree Drummond
I'm cheating here with this one, I know. But have you checked out her website? Have you? It's absolutely fabulous and I love it. Which is why...
The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond
also appeals to me. She starting writing "her love story" on her blog and it morphed into its own novel. Cool, right?
7. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
Jack the Ripper and a girl from the South? Sounds interesting enough. Wonder if they'll understand each other with the different accents?
8. Angela's Bachelor's: A Novel with Food by Brian O'Reilly
I first heard about this books through Goodreads FirstReads program, and have been interested in it ever since. Two things that I love -- cooking and reading? Sign me up.
9. Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
More Greek mythology? Yes please.
10. Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
I love the Irish. Their brogue, their homeland and their mythology. I've heard mixed reviews about this one, but I'm willing to give it a shot.
What are you asking Santa for?

I hope Santa is reading your blog. a great selection of books.
ReplyDeletehttp://its-raining-books.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-want-for_20.html
I am also looking forward to reading The Night Circus! I have a copy currently that is waiting to be opened :)
ReplyDeleteand the pioneer woman is great, isn't she?
happy holidays!
http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com
Gahh!!! I want The Pioneer Woman cookbook too!! I love Ree!
ReplyDeleteCheck out ours at The Blue Bookcase!
Lola and the boy next door is really really good!
ReplyDeleteNice wishlist! ;)
I'm currently reading The Name of the Star. I've seen a few Night Circus in other people's lists. I might be getting ideas for my own list after looking at yours. Hopefully, we'll be pleasantly surprised on Christmas!
ReplyDeleteMy Top Ten
Confession --
ReplyDeleteI finally got one of the library copies of The Night Circus. It is FABULOUS. I would highly suggest putting it on your Christmas wishlist.
Thanks for stopping by!
I loved, loved, loved The Night Circus. I'm so happy that I picked it up to read.
ReplyDelete