As always In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.
From the Library:
So, funny story. My library actually gave me The Iron Knight instead of The Iron King. So, I had to get the others quickly before I could read the physical copy they had given me. Unfortunately, the second book, The Iron Daughter, was checked out, and has a queue of 3 people ahead of me to get it. Which means that I did something that I normally don't do: I totally read these books out of order. I actually just skipped book 2, and went from there. Weird? Yes. Unavoidable? Probably. Oh well.
What did you get in your mailbox?




Ive been meaning to get to this series too. How was it reading it out of order - did you feel like you missed anything?
ReplyDeleteIn some ways yes, I know I missed something. On the other hand, I liked jumping in "right" where I had left off, as opposed to reading the second book and forgetting some of the details.
DeleteMy library has forced me to read a couple of series out of order too.I think they serectly like confusing people. :P
ReplyDeleteI'm sure of it too, haha!
DeleteOh you have an awesome haul here! The Iron Fey series is a must read! hopefully ill read the iron knight soon!
ReplyDeleteMy IMM
Jay
We Fancy Books
Great haul! I've heard mixed reviews about all of these books so I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on them!
ReplyDeleteMy IMM: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox_07.html
They're interesting so far. I honestly had to take a quick break so I didn't read four back-to-back-to-back.
DeleteI'm reading Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa atm and its so good I'm planning on picking up Iron Knight in the next couple of weeks!
ReplyDeleteMy IMM: http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-2/
Happy Reading!
Great haul! I've been looking into reading other Julie Kagawa's books now that I'm in the process of reading The Immortal Rules. Happy reading!
ReplyDeleteMy IMM @ YA Books
I just got The Iron King from my library! I can't wait to read it! Very cute blog btw, I love the name :)
ReplyDeleteHere is myIMM
I'm having a giveaway, check it out!
Happy reading!
Megan (new follower!)
You got a lot of nice books this week. I have yet to start the series but I have heard that it is really good.
ReplyDeleteHappy reading,
Book Sniffers Anonymous