Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
{via}
{Goodreads}
"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them… until one summer evening Jase Garrett climbs her trellis and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love and stumble through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first romance, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own - even as she keeps him a secret from her disapproving mother and critical best friend. Then the unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
A debut novel about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them… until one summer evening Jase Garrett climbs her trellis and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love and stumble through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first romance, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own - even as she keeps him a secret from her disapproving mother and critical best friend. Then the unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?
A debut novel about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another.
Comes out June 14, 2012


I haven't heard of this but it sounds good!
ReplyDeleteMy WoW!
I hadn't heard of it until recently either.
DeleteI've been waiting for this one too! Sounds so good!
ReplyDeleteThis one sounds really good! I love a good contemporary, great choice!
ReplyDeleteI have had this on my TBR for awhile. I hope we both love it.
ReplyDeleteI love the sound of this book. It's a little sad, but also.. hopeful/cute. :)
ReplyDeletePatricia // My WOW
Okay, first off, YOUR BLOG IS SO ADORABLE <3 It's nice to meet you! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is the second WoW I've seen for this book today... I can't wait! The beginning of the story is just so fairytale-like and I feel like the aftermath of it all will be interesting to read too.
Great pick!
Sonia
Thanks for the bloggy compliment. It's definitely a work in progress, but I'm loving it!
DeleteI always love those sweeping, generational tales that some authors spin, and I have a feeling that while this one won't be told over several generations, it might have the same feel to it.
New follower, I really want to read this book I love the concept and even though the cover is simple I love it, great pick, my wow
ReplyDeletehttp://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html
Great pick! This has been on my must-read pile ever since I read the blurb. I hope it is as good as it looks :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a cute cover. I like! Great pick.
ReplyDelete