Tuesday, August 28, 2012

top ten tuesday


Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we share our top ten list of the theme that Tuesday. 

{source: That Sume Blog}

This week's topic is Top Ten Bookish Confessions

1. I dog-ear books sometimes. Especially passages that I love. 
2. I forget to highlight passages that I love, and end up having to search Goodreads for them. I'm too lazy to pick up the actual book and look for it.
3. I sometimes get fed up with characters, so I read their voices as whiney or mocking in my head. 
4. I don't use my library as much as I should.
5. Sometimes I want to skip to the end of the book and find out what happens because I'm not sure I want to invest that much time into it.
6. Sometimes I do #5.
7. Sometimes I just Wikipedia the book to find out the answer. 
8. Sometimes I don't admit to reading certain books, even though they become very popular for no apparent reason. Fifty Shades of Grey, anyone?
9. I once had a $20 library fine ... for two years. 
10. I still have a lot of my college text books. I'll probably never need them, but I like knowing that I have that information at my fingertips. Stupid, I know. 

How about you? 



6 comments:

  1. I dog-ear books too, but only really old ones or books with ugly covers. Bad, isn;t it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've kept many of my college textbooks as well, though it's hard to imagine the next time I will need information about biomedical research ethics...

    And your #2 totally spoke to me! It's kind of nice, though, to see that so many other people also liked the quotes I liked!

    Thanks for sharing your TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of my college text books, as well, but mostly from my freshman/sophomore year. Then I learned about selling books back, and after that I only kept the ones that the edition was changing or were interesting from my major.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally give characters I don't like whiny voices in my head too! I just solidifies that fact that I don't like them and now I never will haha! Great confessions :) My TTT:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. i totally do #3 too! Sometimes it just makes me feel better. i also sometimes tell that annoying character OUT LOUD to shut up already. i've done that last thing more times than i'd actually like to admit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have, on maybe one or two (or more...) occasions, used wikipedia to cheat. And on the not so rare occasion, if I get too nervous or curious about a book I skip to the end. Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Really enjoyed your list, and I love your owl!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!