Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nancy Drew turns 80!!!

I first discovered my love for reading when I was little. In all honesty, I think my parents actually discovered my love for me. I vividly remember my mama inviting me to help her clean out some stuff in my grandmother's attic. Generally, cleaning holds NO appeal to me, but when it's in a cool place like an attic, you feel obliged to help. I guess I must have been about 7 or 8 at the time.

While in the attic, I came across treasure after treasure. My mama's old prom dress. My grandmother's old picnic basket. My favorite treasure that I encountered, though, was mama's collection of Nancy Drew books. I get my love of reading honestly -- both my parents devour books with the same gusto that I seem to have inherited. I'm not sure of the total number of ND I've read, but I'm sure it's a ton. It seems they're still going strong. This is surely a brand that lasts.

So today, let's celebrate Nancy Drew's 80th Birthday. Happy Birthday girl detective!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!