Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Christmastime in the City



This year, I decided that because of my crafty obsession now in full swing, I might as well make the most of it and make most of my Christmas presents this year.

There's something you should know about me. I might be messy (as in my apartment and my car) but when it comes to filing and organization, I'm a pro at it. Seriously, I bookmark everything under my Delicious page with very specific tags so I know what I'm looking for. I just searched through my saved links, and voila! came up with people's Christmas presents.

Since it's before Christmas, I'm only showing you a few at a time. Also, please excuse the quality of the pictures. I took them with my cell phone and you can totally tell.

First up: a mirror for Mama
We have a basement in our house that holds everything that we've ever owned. No exaggeration. If we're not using it, it's probably in the basement. I found this awesome tutorial that showed how to create an Anthropologie (lurve, btw!) inspired vanity mirror. I also got some of the history behind vanity mirrors.

Apparently, back in the olden days, it was improper for people to look at themselves head on in a mirror. Of course, people still did it, so to hide the rudeness in public, people began painting their mirrors, or adding pieces of fabric. That way, you could say you were totally checking out the masterpiece that was the mirror and not yourself.

Back to the mirror -- I took this old mirror we had lying around and shabby chic-ed it up to come up with this:


Please excuse the mess in the mirror. Busy crafting, you see.

Next up, rosettes. Now, these have been going around in bloggyland for some time now. However, I decided that I would jump on the bandwagon. I'm not a sewer in any way, form or fashion. So hot glue is my best friend. these rosettes can be made into anything: headbands, pins, earrings, bobby pins, etc. Here's a headband I made. I've also created necklaces, hair pins and lapel pins for various people.


I've got some finishing touches to do on presents for Daddy and for all the aunts, as well as my co-workers. Stay tuned for more Christmas gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!