Monday, February 28, 2011

Ageless

Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to go to a concert with my parents. For Daddy's birthday, we gave him tickets to see James Taylor at the Orpheum.


This is the stage before the concert. Please forgive the low-quality photos. My blackberry and I are having a disagreement. It doesn't want to zoom in anymore, which leaves me hitting it repeatedly thinking that this will fix it. Note to self: it does not.

During his performance with his son, Ben, James said something along the lines of "Different music permeates your soul in different ways. Some of the earliest music is what your parents listen to." And that's so true. My parents listened to James Taylor (and still do,) and now, I do, too. He is ageless and has bridged the generational gap. Now, my parents will listen along to my radio in my car regardless of what it's on, but we don't have a family sing-a-long. If, though, we're in their cars, and JT comes on, well, we probably know most of the words.

He's done a phenom job marketing himself, his musical style and ability and his overall feel. It hasn't really changed with time, and it won't. Any music artists out there that you think are ageless? Any out there that you think have aged well?


Absolutely ageless.

1 comment:

  1. For my Daddy and me, it is Led Zeppelin. They will always be the most influential band in developing my love of music.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!