Heather Webber has such a clever premise going on with her Lucy Valentine novels. I read the first one, Truly, Madly, right before my beach vacation this summer, but had to wait a bit before I could read the second one, Deeply, Desperately as all the bookstores I went to seemed to be out of it. I finally found it online, and I am so glad I did.
I'm a big fan of reading series books in order, so if you haven't read Truly, Madly first, I certainly would. This book dives right back into the world that that one created. Lucy Valentine is part of the famous Valentine Family, renowned for their matchmaking service. What their clientele doesn't know is they truly have a matchmaking gift. Every Valentine has a gift of reading auras, said to have been blessed from Cupid himself. This allows the Valentine family to see exactly who should be matched with whom. There's a hitch though, they can't see the auras of their own blood relatives.
None of that really matters to Lucy, though, because she lost her ability to see auras when she was zapped. Instead, she gained the ability to find lost inanimate objects. Lucy turned this into her favor in the first book, and with the opening of the second, Lost Loves, a new division of Valentine, Inc. is going strong.
All the fave characters are back. Sean, her PI partner and current boyfriend; her besties, Marisol and Em; her zany grandmother, Dovie; even the crazy reporter – the list goes on and on. There are new cases, both in terms of love and mysteries to be solved, all of which push the novel forward. There's more character development from the first, which is always a major plus.
Webber has a fun, witty way of writing that keeps the story moving while still reeling you in. A thoroughly delightful read. Loved it.
I'm a big fan of reading series books in order, so if you haven't read Truly, Madly first, I certainly would. This book dives right back into the world that that one created. Lucy Valentine is part of the famous Valentine Family, renowned for their matchmaking service. What their clientele doesn't know is they truly have a matchmaking gift. Every Valentine has a gift of reading auras, said to have been blessed from Cupid himself. This allows the Valentine family to see exactly who should be matched with whom. There's a hitch though, they can't see the auras of their own blood relatives.
None of that really matters to Lucy, though, because she lost her ability to see auras when she was zapped. Instead, she gained the ability to find lost inanimate objects. Lucy turned this into her favor in the first book, and with the opening of the second, Lost Loves, a new division of Valentine, Inc. is going strong.
All the fave characters are back. Sean, her PI partner and current boyfriend; her besties, Marisol and Em; her zany grandmother, Dovie; even the crazy reporter – the list goes on and on. There are new cases, both in terms of love and mysteries to be solved, all of which push the novel forward. There's more character development from the first, which is always a major plus.
Webber has a fun, witty way of writing that keeps the story moving while still reeling you in. A thoroughly delightful read. Loved it.
To see the review of the first book, see here.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!