Tuesday, August 23, 2011

stylespiration: anthropologie


Ooh, I love me some Anthro. They have the best stuff there. Pretty much anything you want – clothes, furniture, home accessories, jewelry, books, you name it, they got it. And I love it.

I went this past weekend. Now, I have to say that the Saddle Creek store is laid out differently than some of the other stores that I've been in. In fact, I like the one at the Summit much better because I feel that it is more open. That being said, It's Anthro, and I can't truly complain about anything.

Now, on to some of the fabulous (ha, wait til you see them!) pictures I took. Please note that I was doing a flash and dash, meaning I didn't want to get caught taking these pictures. I'm sure they frown on that kind of thing. Oh well, what's a girl to do?

I just love the mason jars with lights in them. This is something that I think I could easily replicate for my kitchen. I have a bunch of unused space above my countertops, and this might look great. Need to put this on the to-do project list. It's ever growing. Argh.

I don't know why I love this as much as I do, but I really, really do. It's a Zodiac calendar. It's currently turned to the Capricorn page (which happens to be my sign.) Even though I don't like the fact that I'm represented by a goat, it pretty much hits spot on. I read through all the Zodiacs for my family members, and I have to say that this calendar does the best of describing both strengths and weaknesses, which is nice.

I one found a tutorial on how to make a Papier-mâché head mount, which my mother promptly shot down. I don't know why I love these, (again, see above for the calendar) but I think they're really neat. I'm sure that if I ever were to get or make them I would 1) get freaked out that I had fake animals looking at me all the time 2) get tired of them 3) decide that they didn't match my decor at all or 4) all of the above. So we're going to leave them at Anthro. Maybe.

If this isn't the best advertisement for a store, I don't know what is. This was taken during the final loop on the store. I don't know how long he had been there, but it must have been a while. He was zonked out. His mother is to the left of the woman with the caramel bag. She was laughing hysterical and semi-pointing at him, which I think is somewhat counterproductive parenting. He didn't seem to notice, though, so I'm sure he's fine.

What's your favorite thing about Anthropologie? Anyone else love it as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!