I'm not sure how I feel about Linger . I know for sure, though, that I'm happy I have Forever to start on right away. That ending! Such the cliffhanger.
Linger picks up where Shiver leaves off. A quick synopsis of the first book: Girl named Grace. Boy/Wolf named Sam. Grace loves wolf. Wolf loves Grace. Wolf transforms into Boy. Boy and Girl fall in love. Girl finds "cure" for lycanthropy in boy.
Now, in the second book, Boy and Girl are together, and happy, thinking that Boy is cured. Things begin to get weird, and all is not what it seems.
It certainly was not as it seemed. I liked the book, but not as much as the first one. I was really put out with Grace in this one, honestly. In Shiver I was kind of put how by how absent Grace's parents were. In Linger I got really put out by Grace. I know that she got fed up with her parents, too, but quit throwing temper tantrums because they're not treating you like an adult. You're NOT an adult. I just didn't understand or relate to Grace in that aspect at all.
I was also put out by the new character, Cole. Like Shiver , Linger was told through alternating perspectives each chapter. Unlike the first book, the second was told in more alternating perspectives -- not just Sam and Grace, but Isabel and Cole as well. Cole is a (highlight to view spoiler) famous musician who Beck turned. We meet him at the very end of the last book. He's pompous, arrogant, and more importantly, he's somewhat annoying. He's lived a hard life, and because of that, feels sorry for himself. He tries to escape in whatever way he can, namely, becoming a wolf. I really had to roll my eyes when he was talking about ( highlight to view spoiler) suicide and all his previous thoughts about it because it felt so selfish.
This book didn't seem to move as fast as the other one. It only really picked up towards the very end. That being said, I liked it, and am already ready to start the next, and final, book in the trilogy.
Linger picks up where Shiver leaves off. A quick synopsis of the first book: Girl named Grace. Boy/Wolf named Sam. Grace loves wolf. Wolf loves Grace. Wolf transforms into Boy. Boy and Girl fall in love. Girl finds "cure" for lycanthropy in boy.
Now, in the second book, Boy and Girl are together, and happy, thinking that Boy is cured. Things begin to get weird, and all is not what it seems.
It certainly was not as it seemed. I liked the book, but not as much as the first one. I was really put out with Grace in this one, honestly. In Shiver I was kind of put how by how absent Grace's parents were. In Linger I got really put out by Grace. I know that she got fed up with her parents, too, but quit throwing temper tantrums because they're not treating you like an adult. You're NOT an adult. I just didn't understand or relate to Grace in that aspect at all.
I was also put out by the new character, Cole. Like Shiver , Linger was told through alternating perspectives each chapter. Unlike the first book, the second was told in more alternating perspectives -- not just Sam and Grace, but Isabel and Cole as well. Cole is a (highlight to view spoiler) famous musician who Beck turned. We meet him at the very end of the last book. He's pompous, arrogant, and more importantly, he's somewhat annoying. He's lived a hard life, and because of that, feels sorry for himself. He tries to escape in whatever way he can, namely, becoming a wolf. I really had to roll my eyes when he was talking about ( highlight to view spoiler) suicide and all his previous thoughts about it because it felt so selfish.
This book didn't seem to move as fast as the other one. It only really picked up towards the very end. That being said, I liked it, and am already ready to start the next, and final, book in the trilogy.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!