Top Ten of 2011 hosted by A Life Bound by Books. Yesterday was Top 10 Books I've read in 2011.
Today's Topic is
Top 10 Book Covers of 2011
1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
These covers are more breathtaking in person. The black is a deep, saturated color, while the red is rich and vibrant. My copy from the library was the one on the right, and all the white filigree around the title is actually silver. The silver is repeated in stripes on the spine of the book jacket as well. The red scrolls coming off the tent are actually raised. Fantastic.
2. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
I don't know why this one makes me nostalgic, but it does. Maybe because it perfectly reflects (in my opinion) the story stored between the covers. The characters are moving from childhood to adulthood, and you, as the reader, and moved with them. Innocence is no more, not like it once was.
3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Creepy, yet beautiful. Haven't read yet, but I love to admire. The writing is a bit raised on a real copy, and the texture of the paper of the cover is rich and thick.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Haven't read this one yet, either. I personally prefer the left one, which I think is unique and different, but I know they're going with the right one, so they can keep it within the same vein for the others. I love the color, and the hydrangea is one of my absolute favorite flowers.
5. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Wow, there's a lot on here that I haven't read. I'll get around to this one, too, sometime soon. In the meantime, I can stare at its cover. It's just so unique and interesting. And I love the shades of pink throughout.
6. The Secret Lives of Dresses by Erin McKean
This, to me, reminds me of the beach. Call me a sucker for dresses, too, because that's what pulled me in. The dress, the overall feel, and the pops of color. Love love.
7. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
I'm kinda bad about picking a book because of its cover. I totally pre-ordered this book because of the cover. Thank goodness I liked it so much. It took me a while to see that she's actually walking down a wall, and the wood is the floor. I know that sounds stupid, but there's a weird shadow (at least to me) right where her dress and the last S is, that could totally be a doorknob. No? Then it's just me.
8. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
This one is soo pretty. It's shiny. And iridescent. And shiny.
9. Portrait of a Spy by Daniel Silva
I have a thing for Paris. I especially love great pictures of Paris. The Louvre. At night. With a cobalt sky. Perfect.
10. Yankee Doodle Dixie by Lisa Patton
I loved the first book, and I love how this follows up with the same theme. Leelee's back in the South, so she doesn't need a winter parka and gloves. She does, however, need a cutesy apron. Great visuals.
What about you? What are your top 10 book covers for 2011?



awesome list
ReplyDeletemy top covers