Tuesday, January 3, 2012

top ten tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish in which we share our top ten list of the theme that Tuesday. 


Top Ten Books I'm excited to read in 2012
1. Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
I'm not sure if this is a true sequel or a companion novel to Austenland, but I'm really excited!

2. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
I'm kinda just excited to see if I will like this or not. The souls part intrigues me, but I get a little uneasy at dragons. Have you read it? What were your thoughts?

3. The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey and a Breathe of Eyre by Eve Marie Mont
I loved Jane Eyre in high school. Loved it. Can't wait to see these two totally different takes on it. 

4. I'm cheating majorly here and including several under one category
Pure by Julianna Baggott
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
They're all dystopians, all about people who are disfigured in some way, form, or fashion. That counts, right?

5. Arcadia Awakens by Kai Meyer
From what I know about this novel, it was originally in German, and is just now being released in the US. It's about a girl with Mob connections who finds that something hinky happens to those around her. Interesting, right?

6. Embrace by Jessica Shirvington
I haven't gotten into Angel books at all, but I saw this on someone's IMM and thought that it looked great. It was already released in Australia, and is just now being released in the US for the first time. 

7. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Sequel to Divergent. Need I say more? 

8. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Companion to Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door

9. Grave Mercy by R. L. LaFevers
I'm not sure why this one appeals to me, but it totally does. 

10. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
My Daddy and I always loved the Robin Hood story, so I'll be interested to see a new take on it. 

Honorable Mentions go to:
The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges, because I've always had a thing about Russian history
The Selection by Kiera Cass because it totally reminds me of Debutante Season
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith, because we all want to believe in love at first sight, right? 


11 comments:

  1. Awesome list. I love that you cheated and added more than 10. There are just too many books ooming out this year to fit into just 10. =]
    Here is My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Midnight in Austenland too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can't wait for Isla and The Selection! Great list.
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow, I missed the sequel to Divergent! I wonder when that is coming out....

    Here is my Top Ten Books I Can't Wait to Read in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing list!! I had to add a couple to my never-ending TBR pile!

    Top 10 Tuesday

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the dystopian's listed in #4 look great. And Isla and Insurgent can't arrive soon enough!

    Awesome list. Happy reading in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have A Breath of Eyre on my list too! So excited for it! Great list, there are some that I had not heard of.

    My Top Ten: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-ten-books-i-am-excited-to-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow... you have some good choices on there! I've got a few on my (extended) list. Looks to be a good reading year, doesn't it?

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great top ten picks!! I can't wait for the new Stephanie Perkins books, it will be awesome!!! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Amy @ Following The Reader

    ReplyDelete
  10. i didn't know Stephanie Perkins had a book coming out this year. *fangirls out* That's awesome news!!! i loved Anna and the French Kiss and i've got Lola TBRing right now but i'm so gonna read it soon. i really like Stephanie Perkins writing style.
    Great list, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. both 'the selection' and 'probability of love at first sight' can't belieeve i forgot to put them on my list!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!