Wednesday, April 4, 2012

waiting on wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.  

{via}


WHAT IS OLDEST WILL BE NEW, WHAT IS LOST SHALL BE FOUND. 

The ozone is ravaged, ocean levels have risen, and the sun is a daily enemy. But global climate change is not something new in the Earth’s history. 

No one will know this better than less-than-ordinary Owen Parker, who is about to discover that he is the descendant of a highly advanced ancient race—a race that took their technology too far and almost destroyed the Earth in the process. 

Now it is Owen’s turn to make right in his world what went wrong thousands of years ago. If Owen can unlock the lost code in his very genes, he may rediscover the forgotten knowledge of his ancestry…and that less-than-ordinary can evolve into extraordinary.

Comes out May 22, 2012. 

7 comments:

  1. Why do most covermodels look so much like celebs I know but can't remember the name of? Arrrgh! Great pick! :D

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those books. I'm either going to love it to death or hate it! Definitely sounds good though, I'll look out for it. :D

    (New Follower)
    ComaCalm's Waiting For...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing! Haven't seen this one before- sounds very sci-fi!

    My WOW: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's on Galley right now, right? I thought I saw it the other day. Need to double check. Awesome pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-second-chance-summer-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this one on NetGalley? It seems vaguely familiar to me, but I'm unsure if it's because I've seen it on a few other WoWs...in any case, it seems interesting! I like the idea of having to de-code something, and I'm quite curious about this global climate destruction.

    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was pretty much extremely obsessed with Stargate: Atlantis when it was airing, so a book that has possibilities of Atlantean lore? Definitely getting XD. This hasn't been on my radar at all, so thanks for sharing!

    My WOW @ YA Books

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!