Sunday, May 13, 2012

books & love letters

{source: evaporar tumblr}

postscript: I want to thank the lovely Lori at Pure Imagination and the fabulous Magan and Estelle from Rather be Reading for helping me with some questions I had regarding attribution when it comes to pictures. If you're interested, there's some new language on the {things you might need post.}

postscript 2.0: The talented Nickey at The Book Shop Assistant asked me if she could use the {books and love letters} name as well. She's fabulous and linked her posts to mine. Go check out her post too! 

postscript 3.0: I'm linking up to Stacking the Shelves over at Tynga's Reviews. Go check it out and link back to her!

I didn't think this week was going to be big at all. I even thought about skipping it in lieu of next week. And then I hit the NetGalley jackpot. I'm going to really try and stick to the reading schedule I've created for myself, but you know how I get excited over certain books. 

 From NetGalley:
Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers #1) by Michelle Rowen 

What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor


Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

This past week at The Traveling Owl:

What did you get in your mailbox? 



21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it either, but I love Shannon Hale's Austenland series. Figured I'd give it a shot.

      Delete
  2. Thanks again for letting me borrow the name :)
    Oh, I have Dark Kiss in my netGalley account, too! I really need to read that one :)
    Enjoy your ARCs :)

    Here are my Books & Love Letters: http://tinyurl.com/82pepza
    Much love, Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome!

      I'm reading Dark Kiss right now, and I'm really enjoying it!

      Delete
  3. I love the cover for Dark Kiss and it looks really interesting. Hope you enjoy all your books :-)

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm reading it right now, and I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm usually not one for angel books, but so far, so good.

      Delete
  4. I really like the cover of Dark Kiss :D

    Happy reading, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the swirls around his wings. It echoes the twirls inside, which is always nice.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a great week !
    Hope you enjoy all of them :)

    New GFC follower !

    My book haul
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/stacking-shelves-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Definitely was not expecting it.

      Delete
  6. Dark Kiss looks really interesting. I've got it on my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by! New GFC follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it so far. Interesting, for sure.

      Delete
  7. You got some great-looking books this week! I haven't actually read any of them, but they sound so good! I've definitely put a few of them on my wish list! :) I hope you enjoy them!

    New follower,
    Steph @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have to read Dark Kiss. I hope you'll enjoy it!

    Patricia // My Week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I requested the What i didn't say and got approved. I have way way too many books to read and review via Netgalley. It's books i want to read but i have so many paper/hard backs already that i'm not getting through them x Happy reading x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm reading Dark Kiss in a few days it sounds pretty good but the reviews have been mixed so I'm curious! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul! I totally just added What I Didn't Say to my Goodreads! Thanks for bringing that one to my attention :) Enjoy your reads and thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome books! I can't wait to get started on Dark Kiss... hopefully soon! Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  13. DARK KISS looks interesting. I've been curious about this book over the past few weeks. Happy reading!

    Stéphanie from Tynga's Reviews | Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dark Kiss looks interesting, I have been tossing up whether to request it or not! The cover is really awesome :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier <3

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!