Friday, July 6, 2012

taking stock (part four)

{Did you read part 1,2 and 3? This is part of my So Far in 2012 series.} 


One of my bookish resolutions was to remember to highlight quotes and passages in books that I've liked. I'm slowly but surely getting better at it, and wanted to share some of the favorite passages of some of the books I've read so far. 


Favorite Quotes or Passages of 2012 {So Far}


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
• "You could be different. You could be great. Greater than me – than any of us.... You could rattle the stars. You could do anything, only if you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That's what scares you the most."
• Her dress was made of stars plucked from the sky, and the whorls of crystals in her grey mask glittered.

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
• Sometimes love means not being able to bear seeing the one you love the way you are, when they're not what you hoped for them. 
•... and Peter walked across her heart, and left his footprints there. 


For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
• But they'd grown together, the two of them, until they were like two trees from a single trunk, stronger together than either could have been alone. 

When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
• Sometimes, the hardest part about letting someone go is realizing you were never meant to have them. 

Die for Me by Amy Plum
• "Well, spit on my empty grave – if it ain't the attack of the Disney Princesses!"

Scarlet by A.C.Gaughen
• "You don't want anyone to see you – but I do."
• Because, you're worth changing for." 

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
• I decided to deflect her attitude by giving a long, Southern answer. I come from a people who know how to draw things out. Annoy a Southerner, and we will drain away the moments of your life with our slow, detailed replies until you are nothing but a husk of your former self and that much closer to death. 

Grave Mercy by R. L. LaFevers
• When one consorts with assassins, one must expect to dance along the edge of a knife once or twice. 

Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
• I do yoga. Ninety percent of confidence is posture. 

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
• It would be so much easier to accept this person if I didn't know him before he was guarded and wary and cold. If I couldn't remember that once he'd been an open book and that the days had been too short to hold all of our words. 

Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe by Shelley Corriell
• The sun glinted off my silver buckles. There was something deliciously romantic about slipping into shoes that had walked another time and place, something powerful about bits of leather that had survived more than a half century. What stories these should could tell if only they had a different sort of tongue. 
• We can't laugh all the time. We have to experience sad times, too. They make us appreciate the good times. 

• "It's not like the lines lead to separate countries...."
• "Some things do, some things don't,"  he said, reaching to tweak her nose. "I'll always come back to you anyway." "You don't light up," Hadley pointed out, but Dad only smiled. "I do when I'm with you."
• Olive is looking at her, the questions written all over his face, and so she murmurs the words out loud, running her finger along the line her father must have made. "It is better to have had a good thing and lost it, or never to have had it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by!